- Who We Are: Learn about Water Welders and our mission.
- Who We Talk To: Find out more about our target audience.
- Tiers: See we categorize to posts on Water Welders
- Article Guidelines: Find out how to structure and format your content so that it can be posted.
- Submission Process: Learn how we handle the content approval and posting.
- Contact: Send your article ideas to us. You must contact us through this form in order to get your content posted.
Who We Are
Water Welders is an educational platform that helps individuals reach their potential in the world of commercial diving, underwater welding and related industries. We focus on all aspects of these fields, from preparing for diving school to going up the career ladder.
Our vision is to help provide a smooth commercial diving career transition and career growth through education.
If you're trying to brush up on your own research in this field before writing, we suggest looking at our most popular blog posts:
Who We Talk To
Our primary readership is prospective students interested in an underwater welding career. They're usually a bit younger around the 18-30 range, and most are men. The majority of readers come from the US, but we have a global audience that reaches just about everywhere.
Our secondary and tertiary audiences are older, but are interested in either continuing in commercial diving or are just getting started. They have a strong knowledge of mechanics and may have already been working as welders or something related.
You Write It
Your pitch, your article
We Write It
Pitch or Draft: Pitch your idea to us first via email. Then we can approve/disapprove before you write out the entire article. Check submission guidelines below for more detail.
Topics: Articles must be focused around one of the following topics. No exceptions will be made:
- Underwater welding
- Commercial diving
- Topside welding
Grammar and Spelling: Articles must be written in grammatically correct English. If we find more than a few grammatical errors (depending on the length), it won't be accepted.
Unique: No articles that have been published (or set to be published in the future) will be accepted. Only unique content written specifically for waterwelders.com will be accepted.
News: Press releases, latest news and trends are not accepted.
Length: 500 words minimum
- At least 2 links per article.
- Don't link to more than one domain per article, unless it's the only source for the information.
- We hold a special place in our hearts for our own content, so if you can find it on our site, feel free to link to it. And you can link to us more than once. Yes, we're biased.
- Keep paragraphs to 2 sentences max. Include lists, bolding and other visual cues to help the reader skim the information.
- Use correct heading styles throughout your article. Notate headings by adding it in parentheses beside it, e.g. Underwater Welding is Great (h1). Use lots of headings to break out information - and keep them creative for the reader!
- At least one image per article should be included, preferably more if you have them. Ensure the image is relevant to the article topic.
- Image specs (the same image can be used for both the hero and in-post):
- Small file size (.75 MB or under)
- 1920 x 500 px (top of page - hero image)
- 800 x 300 px (used within post)
- Title Tag: Maximum of 60 characters
- Meta Description: Maximum of 155 characters
Author details (optional):
You may include information about you that we can include with the article
- Full name
- Headshot (150 x 150 px)
- A short bio (2 sentences max)
- Website you're associated with (if any)
1. Pitch article idea.
2. Editor will review pitch. If it's approved with or without changes, we'll reply to your email within 2 weeks from your original pitch. If you haven't heard back from us within that 2 weeks, then considered it not approved. 99% of the time, disapproval due to not following the article guidelines as listed above.
3. Payment: We'll provide further instructions to you and you can submit your payment to us.
4a. If you write it and it's approved: Share pitch article with editor on Google docs: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We'll review and make necessary changes.
4b. If we write it and it's approved: We'll write the article with your idea and our target audience in mind.
5. We'll send the article back to you for approval.
6. Article will be posted on waterwelders.com within 1 week.
Accepted formats: Google docs
Editing: We reserve the right to edit any copy within your article. Once you submit a piece of writing, it becomes our property.
Guest Post Contact
Before contacting us, please ensure you have read all of the information on this page. Any questions that you may have are probably answered here. Use this contact form for pitching your topic.